View the current 2016 Training Brochure
Registration is now closed.
New to your role as Medical/Clinical Director of your health center? Training for New Medical Directors is a foundational and essential building block in your career development as a health center Medical/Clinical Director. This training provides the core knowledge and competencies that all health center Medical/Clinical Directors need to function as effective managers, leaders, and advocates for their centers and communities. In addition to providing contextual knowledge regarding the history, political evolution, regulatory expectations, and terminology of the health center movement, course content focuses on developing competency in evolving healthcare issues such as the patient-centered medical home, electronic health records, and meaningful use. The course format includes didactic learning, small group case studies, and networking opportunities. These components are inter-connected and come together to provide you with a high-quality and comprehensive training. As such, your participation in the entire training is required.
- History of Health Centers and the National Health Service Corps
- Performance Evaluation: Review and Accreditation
- Funding Sources and Regulatory Expectations
- Delivery Models and Supporting Organizations
- Federal Tort Claims Act and Risk Management
- The Role of the Medical/Clinical Director
- Quality Management, Patient-Centered Medical Home, and Meaningful Use
- Keith Horwood, MD, Associate Medical Director, Community Health Centers, Inc., Midvale, UT
- Kumble Rajesh, MD, FAAP, Chief Medical Officer, Lowell Community Health Center, Lowell, MA